Sometimes a Hard Reset is necessary to give your machine a refresh when it is having issues. To perform a hard reset follow the instructions below based on what machine you have.
Expression, Create, Personal, Cake, and Cake Mini:
- Turn the machine on with NO cartridge loaded.
- Roll all of the gray dials down to their lowest setting.
- Grasp the blade assembly and use it to pull the entire carriage car along its track to the far left of the machine.
- Back where the carriage car usually sits there is a red button. Press that button and hold it down for about 3 seconds.
- Move the gray carriage car back into place.
- Roll all of the gray dials all the way up and all the way down three times – three times for each dial.
- Press the Cut button, then turn the machine off.
- Set the Speed, Pressure and Size for the type of paper.
- Load a cartridge, turn the machine on, select a simple image and attempt a practice cut.
Group Members can see a video of how to do this by clicking here.
Cricut Expression 2:
- Power off the Expression 2 machine.
- Hold down the magnifying glass, pause, and power buttons all at the same time.
- Hold until the machine gives a rainbow screen (seen below); then release the buttons.
- Follow the on-screen directions.
- Repeat this process one more time.
If this page has helped you refresh your machine, please consider contributing by making a making a donation via the link below or the dinosaur on the left of the website! Thank You in Advance!